Man accused of rape at Ft. Douglas

Lonnie Norton

A U computer technician is accused of raping a woman in Fort Douglas during the weekend.

Sandy City Police allege that Lonnie Dell Norton, a computer technician in the College of Humanities, kidnapped a woman with whom he was acquainted from her home in Sandy and held her at gunpoint at about 2 a.m. on Sunday. After driving her to a building on campus he had access to, he sexually assaulted her, said Sgt. John Arnold with Sandy City Police. Arnold also said Norton threatened to kill the woman and then himself, but was somehow talked down.

After driving her first to his home in Salt Lake City, Norton dropped the victim off at her home, where she called police at about 7:15 a.m. on Sunday, Arnold said. Norton was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail three hours later at about 10 a.m.

Arnold said Norton was booked on suspicion of aggravated burglary, aggravated kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault and object rape, all first-degree felonies; aggravated assault and forcible sex abuse, both second-degree felonies; violating a protective order, a class A misdemeanor; and interruption of a communication device, a class B misdemeanor.

Charges are being screened with the Salt Lake County District Attorney. Arnold expects a formal filing of charges to come today or Wednesday.

Sgt. Garth Smith, public information officer for U Police, said the building was located in Fort Douglas but declined to elaborate. U Police is assisting Sandy City Police in the investigation by holding the crime scene until it can be fully processed.

A U spokesman said although they do not comment on personnel actions, “the University of Utah has no tolerance for use of its facilities in violation of University policy or the law,” and “employees who commit violent acts on University property are not eligible to remain employed at the University and will be excluded from campus.”

The Daily Utah Chronicle will report more details as they become available.

There are 27 comments

Add yours
  1. replica panerai

Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us
    so I came to take a look. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Great blog and superb style and design.

2. natural cleanse

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s
    a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me
    to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your
    theme? Great work!

3. replica rolex

I’ve been browsing on-line more than three hours as of late, but I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It’s pretty worth sufficient for me.
    Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the net will likely
    be a lot more useful than ever before.

4. replica omega

Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need
    some advice from an established blog. Is it hard
    to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Appreciate it

5. replica rolex

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images
    on this blog loading? I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

6. replica omega

After I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when
    new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I get
    4 emails with the exact same comment. There has to be an easy method you can remove me from
    that service? Kudos!

7. replica rolex

I feel that is one of the most significant info for me.

And i’m glad studying your article. However wanna statement on few basic issues, The website style is great, the articles is in reality excellent : D. Excellent job, cheers

8. replica rolex

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but great
    topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.

Thanks for great info I was looking for this info for my mission.

9. replica rolex

Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own
    a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam
    comments? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you
    can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.

10. breast enlargement

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s
    time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

Post a new comment