The four movies you should watch to de-stress during finals week

You know how it goes. All semester you’ve been going through the motions of studying but have come to realize that you haven’t absorbed any of the information. You say you’ll be fine because all you’ll need is a hefty “all-nighter” cram session. However, as finals week sneaks up, you begin to realize you know absolutely nothing.

This is when your dangerous study habits begin. Here’s the thing: Too much studying without decent breaks is not healthy. You need to take some time to give your brain a rest. And what is a better way to take a break than watching a movie? With this list of top-notch movies, you won’t have to worry about deciding what film to watch.

“Accepted”

OK, for all of you applying to graduate schools, law schools, medical schools or just really trying to pass that test, it’s time to watch “Accepted.” Yes, it is about high school students hoping to be accepted into college, but it still relates to all of you.

“Accepted” will help ease the fearful anticipation of the harsh sting of rejection. You can sit back and watch 93 minutes of pure comedy and remember that you are not the only one concerned about school.

“Tommy Boy”

“You know, a lot of people go to college for seven years.”

Who else would make you feel better about extending your college experience than Tommy Callahan? Take a trip back to the ‘90s this finals week and let “Tommy Boy” be your go-to study break movie.

The film premiered 20 years ago but is still widely quoted today. The hilarious Chris Farley is sure to bring you out of your finals week funk. No, it’s not an educational movie, but that’s okay. It gives you laugh-out-loud humor in almost every scene. Tommy can make you feel good about yourself and realize that your school days will soon be over.

“Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”

When Harry and friends go in to take their O.W.L.s, they dread the end result. I’m sure most of us can relate to this nerve-racking experience. So why not fill our minds with adventure and fantasy?

Although this is the fifth installment of the “Harry Potter” franchise, if you’ve already seen the “Harry Potter” films, it still works magically on its own. So why not spend time relating to Harry dreading this school nuisance? It could do you well to know that wizards have to take tests too (although, sadly, we don’t have Fred and George to liven up the testing room).

“Furious 7”

I have a secret for you. Are you ready? You can take a break and see a movie in the theater.

Go see the new “Fast and Furious” movie. You know you want to, and that should be reason enough. The constant action shots and racing cars are sure to take your mind off the mounds of studying you still have to attend to, and that is a good thing. “Furious 7” will get your adrenaline pumping and your heart drumming.

By the time you come out of the theater, you’ll be all ready to get back to studying.

While fitting in some well-deserved breaks here and there is nearly essential to a successful finals week, don’t forget that studying should come first. Good luck and happy studying!

@ChronyArts