10 Reasons to Intern At Student Media

10 Reasons to Intern At Student Media

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]

Hey you! Yes, YOU! Do you want to get involved on campus and make new friends all while gaining valuable real world work experience? If you answered yes, then you’re in the right place because Student Media is now looking for creative and driven people to become the next generation of writers, editors, and developers of student media on campus.

If you’re still not convinced, check out the top ten reasons you should intern at student media:

1. Interns can get course credit, giving you a speed boost on your track towards graduation.
  2. Interns have the opportunity to move on to Scholarship positions, AKA $$$.
  3. Having a college degree isn’t enough anymore. These days you need real world work experience before you graduate. At Student Media, you’ll gain valuable skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, and innovation that will make you a hot commodity come graduation time.
  4. Aside from all those general skills you’ll gain, the variety of positions available can fit just about any academic focus. Anyone with an interest in writing, photography, video production, radio, graphic design, coding, web-design, app development, marketing, or advertising has a place in Student Media.
  5. Being a part of student media is a great way to get involved on campus. It’s more than a club. It’s a place where you can get involved in all the fun events of campus: promoting them, covering them, and who knows, maybe YOU will even plan the next awesome event on campus.
  6. With any internship or job, it’s all about the perks. For example, sports writers and photographers get special access to sporting events. Arts writers get paid to cover concerts! Seriously, that’s the best gig on campus.
  7. Our office has TWO microwaves AND a mini fridge! Talk about living the high life. You can also pretend you’re on an episode of CSI as you write on the office windows with a dry erase marker.
  8. Speaking of the windows, they’re absolutely enormous! They have a beautiful view of campus, so you can enjoy the changing seasons, students studying, bikes getting stolen, and/or lovebirds frolicking on the lawn.
  9. Did we mention our offices are in the Union? That means you’re just a couple flights of stairs away from Panda Express. Can’t beat that.
  10. We have our own Wi-Fi, which is a lot faster than the school’s Wi-Fi. That’s right. Case closed. Apply now.

To begin your application process, go to: https://dailyutahchronicle.com/?page_id=2618599[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]