ASUU searches for new Senior Class President following resignation of Price

image

ASUU is searching for a new senior class president after Devin Price, who was elected to the position in March, resigned.

Ambra Jackson, ASUU president, said Price left due to “unforeseen personal circumstances.”

“We recognize that life situations happen, and we wish him the best,” she said in a released statement.

When contacted by The Utah Chronicle, Price denied to comment on his resignation.

Jackson will work with Vice President Anthony Oyler to interview new applicants for the position but hasn’t specified a date for when they will make a final recommendation. After a replacement is chosen, a confirmation must come from the ASUU Senate.

Those interested in applying must have at least 90 credit hours and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Applications are due August 11 by 5 p.m. and can be found at asuu.utah.edu/news/senior-class-application.

The senior class president is responsible for planning Homecoming, new traditions and the senior class gift, among other duties.

In a joint letter on the application site, Jackson and Oyler warn: “As we encourage everyone interested to apply, we want to stress the commitment of being a member of the Executive Cabinet. We hope that you take the time to learn about the position available and the time commitment associated with it.”

@CourtneyLTanner