The Most Anticipated Arts & Entertainment Events of Fall 2015

School has started, which means so have spectacular and entertaining campus events. Many events are happening, and it can be hard to keep track of them all. The Utah Chronicle asked students about their most anticipated events of the year, and here’s what they said:

“Fiddler on the Roof”

“I’m most excited about ‘Fiddler on the Roof’ coming to Pioneer Theatre because it is one of my favorite plays of all time,” sophomore Collin Hopkins said. “I’ve been singing music from it for the past month, and it makes me happy.”

Starting Sept. 18 and running until Oct. 3, the Pioneer Theatre Company presents a family favorite, “Fiddler on the Roof.”

Homecoming

“I love Homecoming week,” senior Tiffany Parkin said. “Just seeing the decorations everywhere and seeing school pride.”

Homecoming brings school spirit to the all-time height. This year, Homecoming week rocks a #UU Throwback theme and lands on Oct. 2 to 11. Be ready for a week full of dance, rallies, games and more.

Orchestra and Choir Events

“I’m excited for the orchestra concert because I’ve been in orchestra my whole life,” sophomore Rachel Gagon said.

Music sweetly finds its way into peoples’ hearts, and the many orchestra and choir concerts at the U bring that music to students. Performances from the U Chamber Choir, A Cappella Choir, Women’s Chorus, the Utah Philharmonia Chamber Orchestra, the Utah Philharmonia and the U Campus Symphony can be attended throughout the year.

“The chamber choir is working hard to put on an exciting performance just before Fall Break on Oct. 9,” junior Nate Curtis said. “Start off your break right by coming to hear some beautiful music!”

“Thriller”

“I want to keep track of what’s going on at Kingsbury,” freshman Beth Weber said. “I like artistic performances. I’m most excited for ‘Thriller.'”

The Odyssey Dance Theatre brings its Halloween hit, “Thriller,” to Kingsbury Hall. Running from Oct. 9 to Oct. 31, Frankenstein, The Curse of the Mummy, Jason Voorhees and other terrors creep their way onto stage spreading fear to all who dare to enter.

“I’m excited for ‘Thriller,'” junior Chelsea Coons said. “I used to dance, so I like watching dance. I think it’s a great opportunity to culture myself.”

The Dalai Lama

“I’m excited for the Dalai Lama to come,” freshman Emily Jensen said.

Events at the U can range from shows to concerts to sporting events. But what makes events at the U extra special are the people who come to inspire. On Oct. 18, the Dalai Lama is coming to speak to students and members of the community at the Huntsman Center.

Sports

“The University of Utah football games, because they’re going to win,” freshman Adam Della-Piana said.

Utah Chronicle File Photo, Utah Gymnastics team lighting the U after the meet vs. Michigan, Friday, Mar. 6, 2015

From football to volleyball to basketball to gymnastics, the U’s sports can bring in tremendous crowds. With cheering students and hard-working athletes, the sports events at the U become one of the most anticipated entertainments of the year.

“I’m really excited for gymnastics,” freshman Jordan Barbieri said. “I heard those were fun.”

Crimson Nights

“I’m excited for Crimson Nights because it’s fun and I like the music there,” freshman Melanie Zhen said. “I can meet more people and hang out with my friends.”

Every year, thousands of students come together to dance, play and spend time with friends and fellow students at Crimson Nights. Crimson Nights is held at the A. Ray Olpin Student Union twice a semester and present a different theme each time.

“Crimson Nights is fun,” freshman Mikaela Schmiett said. “I’m looking forward to that.”

So what events are you most excited for this year?