First-Ever Chillfest Provides Food, Fashion, Music for Patrons

Most concerts only consist of musical acts, but Chillfest was completely different. Besides listening to the show, patrons walking around the venue also had the chance to interact with booths featuring clothing, jewelry and food. They also had a chance to walk the red carpet and get their picture taken with Niya models.

The overall presentation of the show was great. At 2 p.m. the doors opened and various musical acts took the stage. About ten food trucks lined the grass near the stage and offered a variety of delicious bites, ranging from Korean BBQ in a cup to mouth-watering crepes filled with Nutella and fruit.

Silento, the man known for “Watch Me Whip (Nae Nae),” took the stage as the first of the headliners to get the crowd excited for the evening. His performance included dancers, and the audience sang along to his popular song. After Silento performed, a fashion show took place, featuring designs from local stores Unhinged, Nappi and LuLaRoe. The show lasted about 20 minutes and the crowd was very into it. The styling was edgy but wearable, and a couple of the designers actually had booths at the venue, which made shopping for the looks a breeze.

As the temperature fell, the musical acts heated up, and Dia Frampton took the stage. She performed for about 30 minutes and filled the venue with an intimate sound. Us the Duo was the next big act to take the stage, and they performed their new single, scheduled to be released next month. It was awesome to get a sneak peak of their amazing new album.

Closing up the show was none other than T-Pain, who performed into the night. His set was originally scheduled to last 30 minutes, but he was feeling the crowd and stayed on for about an hour.

Overall, Chillfest was a great event. There was something for everyone in your party, whether they wanted to shop, eat or just listen to the music. Hopefully Chillfest becomes an annual event and brings some killer acts to Salt Lake City.