Halftime Update: Utah 14, Arizona State 10

Things weren’t really going in either team’s direction early in the game. Neither team was able to get a first down on their first two possessions, but that changed on both third possessions. Utah looked like it was going to get another three-and-out when ASU’s linebackers nearly got to Travis Wilson for the sack, but instead found Tyronne Smith to keep the play alive. Wilson made a couple more 20-yard throws and then found Harrison Handley for the touchdown to put the Utes up 7-0. However, ASU answered back quickly. On the ensuing kick-off, the Sun Devils returned the ball back 100 yards for a touchdown of their own to even the score.
On the Utes’ next possession, they were forced to punt again, but were called for holding making them replay fourth down. Instead of ASU starting on its own 25 yard line, it started on Utah’s 13 yard line because of the penalty. The Utah defense was able to stop the Sun Devils from going any further and held them to a field goal.
Opening up the second quarter with the Utes down 10-3, Wilson hit Kenneth Scott for a 42 yard gain on a one-handed grab, then again on the next play for the touchdown, the final score of the half, which gave the Utes the 14-10 lead.