Cover Band The Iron Maidens Makes First Tour Stop in Salt Lake City

The World’s Only Female Tribute to Iron Maiden embarks on their United States tour this Friday at Liquid Joe’s in Salt Lake City.

Led by Kirsten Rose (“Bruce Lee Chickinson”), this cover band faithfully performs the real band’s classics. Rose’s vocals add a rasp not heard when listening to the real band, giving songs a power lacking in their original versions. Her incredible range has her hitting the notes — both high and low — often better than Iron Maiden. The guitarists’ ability to shred on guitar is incredible and breathes new life into the original songs. Bassist Wanda Ortiz (“Steph Harris”) stays true to the original band by not using a pick while playing the complex and groovy bass lines.

Fans of the Iron Maidens might be disappointed, though, because Nita Strauss is no longer playing the role of “Mega Murray” on lead guitar. Recognized as one of the greatest guitar players, Strauss was hired as Alice Cooper’s guitarist last year and is currently on tour as the opening act for Motley Crue’s final tour. After many auditions, she was permanently replaced this year by Guitar World’s “Model Search” winner Nikki Stringfield.

This performance will be one to remember because not only will they play classics and fan favorites (such as “The Trooper” or “The Phantom of the Opera”) but they will perform new music as well.

Anyone at Liquid Joe’s will get to hear songs off the album live before anyone else, since Salt Lake City is the Iron Maidens’ first stop. So this will be a great opportunity to film the songs and be the first to upload them on YouTube. Or don’t — enjoy the music instead.

Opening for the Iron Maidens are two local Utah bands: Irony Man and a Black Sabbath tribute band. The legendary status of Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath will make this a night to remember. For those who can’t afford to travel to the UK for this year’s Download Festival (with Sabbath and Maiden headlining this year) this will be the next closest thing. Tickets for this 21+ show are $15 at the door (ID required).