Pop Culture Round-Up: Beckham is the Sexiest Man Alive, Zoolander 2 Debuts New Trailer

Here’s your Daily Utah Chronicle pop culture round-up: for everything you missed this week in pop culture because you were too busy doing things that actually matter, like homework.

People’s Sexiest Man Alive was announced and it’s David Beckham. The title is given to an attractive man each year and is clearly the most prestigious honor a man can be given. “It’s the best moment of my career,” Beckham said after it was revealed on Jimmy Kimmel. “I can’t believe it.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdnBIGKIdAs

“The Soup” has been canceled much to the dismay of haters of pop-culture across the country. The show, hosted by Joel McHale, has been on the air for 22 years. The show is on the same channel as “Keeping Up With the Kardashians,” which is pretty significant considering one of the shows, a witty and intelligent look at pop culture, has been canceled while the other, sadly, is still on the air.

A new trailer came out for “Zoolander 2.” In the sequel, Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson reprise their roles as the iconic Derek Zoolander and Hansel, respectively. The movie also stars Penelope Cruz, and features pop culture icons like Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian.

Twitter may have accidentally revealed a new feature. If you’re one of the people who hates the new hearts, you may appreciate this. Instead of hearts, people may soon be able to favorite via emoji. When asked for comment by a journalist, they responded simply with the “speak no evil” monkey emoji.