Tap House Restaurant Leaves You Feeling “Full and Warm”

Taphouse+menus
Taphouse menus

The 9th and 9th area features some amazing local restaurants and shops. East Liberty Tap House is one of these restaurants, featuring an original menu and tasteful cocktails.

Once you step inside you’ll see a variety of marble-topped tables to choose from. This spot makes for the perfect date night and even features a fire pit on the patio.

The burger at East Liberty Tap House, Wednesday November 18, 2015.

The Tap House is known for its American food with a healthy farm-to-table twist. One of their signature dishes is the Tap House Burger, which features American cheese, pickles, grilled onions, ketchup and peppercorn aioli. You also get a delicious side of perfectly spiced fries.

If meat is not your thing, you can always get the Sloppy Shrooms burger as well. It’s a vegetarian take on the classic Sloppy Joe. This non-burger features mushrooms, honey, rosemary and chevre spread. It also comes with fries and house-made ketchup. It is so delicious you may disown the classic.

The cocktail menu at East Liberty Tap House, Wednesday November 18, 2015.

Another delicious option is the chop salad. This filling salad is colorful and sparks different flavors with its various ingredients. You get beets, hard-boiled egg, vegetables and hazelnuts on a bed of mixed greens with a goat cheese vinaigrette.

The Tap House also has a warm side. Each week, the chefs create a new, nutritious soup featuring local, seasonal ingredients. This week they have Butternut Squash soup with Quinoa and Stoneground Bread. The dish was filling and left me wishing I had room for more.

A salad at East Liberty Tap House, Wednesday November 18, 2015.

During the warmer months, East Liberty Tap House is the perfect spot to grab a drink after work. You can pick from a variety of local brews and intricate cocktails. I got to taste their Green Point, which features whiskey, yellow chartreuse and sweet vermouth. If cocktails aren’t your thing, they have lots of beers on draft as well as a full cider and wine menu. If you haven’t tried the Aspall Cider, I highly recommend it. It’s a dry, refreshing cider with hints of cinnamon that aren’t too overpowering.

The next time you find yourself looking for a new joint to check out, wander over to the 9th and 9th area and peek inside East Liberty Tap House. You won’t be disappointed and you will leave feeling full and warm.