The Five Board Games You Should Definitely Play as an Adult

Most of us loved playing board games as children, and for some of us, that’s where we left them. Board games for adults are largely underrated. To remedy that problem, I’ve compiled a list of games that are still relevant for us as college students.

Parcheesi

This is a timeless classic. It’s fast, and let’s be honest, completely based on luck. No matter how bad you are at board games, this one’s for you.

Monopoly

This game is more of a strategy game. Business majors: I don’t know why you ever stopped playing Monopoly. Honestly, this one’s a classic. If you don’t know what Monopoly is, then how did you even get into college? Pro tip: The dark blue properties and the orange properties are the best two in the game.

Star Wars Risk

This game is pretty new. It’s also pretty amazing. It’s the ultimate strategy game. You either play as the Rebel team or the Empire. Because it’s a completely different format, it’s also far more fast-paced than regular Risk, which can drag on for days.

Cards Against Humanity

board games for adults 2 (TL)

This probably isn’t a game you played as a child, but it should be one you play as an adult. It’s similar to Apples to Apples but way more crass, politically incorrect and hilarious. This is the ultimate party game.

Pie Face

Basically Russian Roulette but with whipped cream. Need I say more?

Now that you know which games you should play, you might be wondering when you would ever play them. A party is a great place to bust out a fast-paced and funny game. A relaxing evening with your boyfriend or girlfriend is a great time to play one of the longer games. And a double date is a great time to bust out Star Wars Risk because it can be played with 2 to 4 players.