A dancer strikes a pose during a ballet rehearsal in the Marriott Center for Dance, Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2016. (Blythe Stovall, Daily Utah Chronicle)

The Daily Utah Chronicle photo desk presents the best photos of the week, taken by our team of photojournalists.

Celebrate the Art of Ballet with Utah Ballet Two

Senior forward Jordan Loveridge reaches for a layup during a men's basketball game against the Stanford Cardinal at the Jon M. Huntsman Center on Saturday, Jan 30, 2016. (Chris Ayers, Daily Utah Chronicle). The Runnin' Utes won 96-74.
Senior forward Jordan Loveridge reaches for a layup during a men’s basketball game against the Stanford Cardinal at the Jon M. Huntsman Center on Saturday, Jan 30, 2016. (Chris Ayers, Daily Utah Chronicle). The Runnin’ Utes won 96-74.

Runnin’ Utes Are Playing With Confidence and Staying Hungry

A student break-dances in the middle of a circle jam during the Rock the U dance marathon at Rice-Eccles Stadium on Friday, Jan 29, 2016. (Chris Ayers, Daily Utah Chronicle)

Rock the U Offers a Fresh Night of Fun for a Good Cause

Senior guard Danielle Rodriguez drives through the lane in a women's basketball game against the USC Trojans on Friday, Jan 29, 2016. (Chris Ayers, Daily Utah Chronicle). The Utes would fall to the Trojans 70-59.
Senior guard Danielle Rodriguez drives through the lane in a women’s basketball game against the USC Trojans on Friday, Jan 29, 2016. (Chris Ayers, Daily Utah Chronicle). The Utes would fall to the Trojans 70-59.

Inside the Huddle: Roberts on Team Focus, Devri Owens, and a Home-and-Home Against Colorado

Senior Kailah Delaney listens to her teammates during a huddle in a meet against the Arizona Wildcats at the Jon M. Huntsman Center on Monday, Feb. 1, 2016. (Kiffer Creveling, Daily Utah Chronicle). The Red Rocks improved to 4-0 with a 197.150-194.850 win.

Gymnastics: Red Rocks Face Biggest Challenge Yet Against UCLA

An art exhibit sits on the floor at the Winter Farmers Market at the Rio Grande Depot on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016. (Kiffer Creveling, Daily Utah Chronicle)

Winter Farmers Market is Local Winter Fare at Its Best

Sophomore Santiago Sierra, above, prepares to return a serve from Northern Arizona University freshman Thomas Fisher during a match at the Eccles Tennis Center on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016. (Kiffer Creveling, Daily Utah Chronicle)

Men’s Tennis Defeats Northern Arizona and Weber State

A tokay gecko places its hand on the glass at the Geckos Live! exhibit in the Natural History Museum of Utah on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016. (Rishi Deka, Daily Utah Chronicle)

“Geckos Live!” Reveals Art in Nature