Tune Tuesday: Trevor Hall the Perfect Remedy for Stress

It’s not uncommon to find songs that feel like a relaxing breath of fresh air, but it’s rare to find an entire album that feels consistently chill, poetic and refreshing.”Kala” by Trevor Hall just so happens to be this exact kind of record.

Released August 2015, “Kala” is Hall’s third studio album. He wrote it in Hawaii and recorded it in Los Angeles. This record brings together Hall’s signature combination of reggae, acoustic rock and Sanskrit chanting. “Kala” means time in Sanskrit, a concept Hall explores in this set of songs.

The music on the album is poetic and lends well to meditation, yoga or just relaxing in the sunshine. Songs like “You Can’t Rush Your Healing” and “All in Due Time” remind us to slow down and enjoy life.

Hall’s deep, rolling vocals and subtle harmonies are evident throughout the album, especially showcased in “You Got My Love.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOMdvhygAJE

“Bela Galo” is a track in which you can hear the reggae influences coming through in the slow echoing beat.

Hall’s previous albums are also worth a listen. Some of his most popular songs include “Green Mountain State” off his “Chapter of the Forest” album and “Lime Tree” off his self-titled album.

If you have been searching for something calm and grounding to listen to, then end your search with Trevor Hall. With plenty of poetry, soothing vocals and catchy beats, Hall may become your go-to wind-down playlist.

@unchained116