Red Butte Garden Hosts Duke Johnson Exhibit For Photography Fans

Duke Johnson’s Photography exibit displays images that he captured of the Milky Way and prominent constellations in some of the world’s most beautiful places at Red Butte Gardens on Monday, April 4, 2016

Capturing the beauty of the desert landscape, Duke Johnson’s photography is on display at Red Butte Garden until April 24.

His photos and prints are amazing to look at. Most of the images are night-time views of the mountains. Whether you are a lover of the outdoors or photography or just want a fun activity to do on Friday night, these images won’t disappoint. All of the images, especially the ones focusing on the Tetons mountain range, seem larger than life, making it seem as if the viewer was there when the photo was being taken.

“I strive to make sure my photos are clear and sharp even at large sizes,” Johnson said in a statement about his work on Red Butte Garden’s website.

This exhibit is free to students with a valid UCard and makes for a great day activity before heading out to stroll in the rest of the garden. You can bring a date or venture there solo for a cool photography experience.

This local artist is based out of Syracuse and travels with his wife to take photos for their website, Desert Skies Photography.

The exhibit features around 40 images, all of which are available for purchase. There are also small prints of the images available if you don’t have enough for the original image. Additionally, there are small greeting cards for sale with the images as well. All the money made off of this exhibit will be donated to the Red Butte Garden.

Johnson’s exhibit is just one of many coming to Red Butte Garden this month. For more information on this and other events, visit redbuttegarden.com. To see more of Johnson’s work, visit his Facebook page, Desert Skies Photography.