Downtown Dine O’Round Brings Utahns Together

Market Street Grill, one of the many restaurants participating in the Salt Lake City Dine O’Round, is an elegant restaurant that presents first class seafood on Wednesday, September 8, 2016

College student foodies unite! Downtown Alliance is gearing up for its 13th year providing Salt Lake City with two full weeks of amazing food. From Sept. 9-25, you may not have to eat like a college student to maintain the budget of a college student.

When one thinks of a fun, bustling city, the image of people flocking to restaurants with stellar food and good music playing might come to mind. Downtown Alliance, an organization that is “dedicated to building a dynamic and diverse community that is the regional center for culture, commerce and entertainment,” as it says on the organization’s website at downtownslc.org, aims for just that; a fun food event that even humble college kids can enjoy.

Downtown Dine O’Round works together with over 45 restaurants to create event-specific menus that offer $5 or $10 two-item lunches, or $15 or $35 three-course dinners. The event encourages all to eat locally and try new restaurants — such as Finca — as well as enjoying some old favorites like Blue Iguana at a great price.

SoCo, one of the many restaurants participating in the Salt Lake City Dine O'Round, is a southern style restaurant that has fabulous hush puppies on Wednesday, September 8, 2016
SoCo, one of the many restaurants participating in the Salt Lake City Dine O’Round, is a southern style restaurant that has fabulous hush puppies on Wednesday, September 8, 2016

Aiming to bring more people downtown and strengthen the sense of community between Utahns, the Downtown Alliance even offers a chance to win dinner for an entire year- all you have to do is share a picture of your Dine O’Round meal on Instagram and use the hashtag #dineoround and tag @downtownslc.

Enjoying these special-for-the-event meals is simple. You can check out the website ahead of time to see the list of participating restaurants, or you can ask for the Dine O’Round menu! Hassle-free.

Bring a friend, a date, or make it a family affair and come see what this year’s Downtown Dine O’Round has to offer! Memories will be made, good food for a good price will be enjoyed, and you may just get to see Salt Lake City in a whole new light.

Whiskey Street, one of the many restaurants participating in the Salt Lake City Dine O'Round, is a elegant restaurant to showcase the finest cuts of meat with first class drinks on Wednesday, September 8, 2016
Whiskey Street, one of the many restaurants participating in the Salt Lake City Dine O’Round, is a elegant restaurant to showcase the finest cuts of meat with first class drinks on Wednesday, September 8, 2016

To find out more about the restaurants and prices, visit Downtown Dine O’Round!