Matthew Seare the executive chef of the Heritage Center grills up chicken at the farmers market.

Labor Day

Labor Day is a perfect time to take advantage of the last sliver of summer, and nothing says summer like getting drenched in water as you fall at a breakneck pace on a metal track. Scream on a roller coaster just over 20 minutes north of campus at Lagoon. The park is open from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Labor Day, Sept. 4. Go a little further up I-15 North for some more water fun at the Cherry Hill water park, 1325 S Main St, Kaysville, open from 10:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. that day. Going 20 minutes the opposite direction, south on I-15, Cowabunga Bay at 12047 S State St, Draper, will be open from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. for another chance to splash around on Labor Day.

Hooplaza

On Thursday, Sept. 7 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., head over to the Marriot Library and find out everything you need to know about the library and all its resources that can help you succeed at the University of Utah. Not only will this event be full of useful information, but there will also be free food, games, prizes and giveaways. Walk on over from class or park west of the library in the visitors’ lot.

Meetup: Chalk Art and Chocolate

The U Lassonde Entrepreneur Institute offers fun networking events throughout the year called meetups. The next one will be on Thursday, Sept 7 from 3 – 5 p.m. The institute’s web page explains, “Our goal is to get you connected with the startup ecosystem on campus. By getting involved in entrepreneurship on campus you will create meaningful work experiences that add value to your education.” And what is more meaningful than chocolate? This is a great way to connect with fellow students, and you can’t go wrong with chalk and chocolate.

Exhibitions

Malade Exhibit

Now – Sept. 15

Eccles Health Sciences Library

Star Party

Sept. 6, 8 – 10 p.m.

Physics Building

Classes 

Tai Chi/ Qi Gong

Sept. 7, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.

Huntsman Cancer Hospital

Other Stuff

Farmers Market

Sept. 7, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.

Tanner Plaza

Fabulous Fridays

Sept. 8, 3 – 5 p.m.

LGBT Center