Chinese Culture Week

Get cultured with the Confucius Institute as it presents Chinese Culture Week from Sept. 24 to Oct. 2. Throughout the week, various activities to embrace the vibrant and historic Chinese culture will take place on and off campus. A few of these various activities include the Chinese art of calligraphy, several guest lecturers, a day for an open house, Chinese music, a Chinese speech contest, a Chinese painting demonstration and three Art Troupe performances. There is also a day dedicated to Chinese majors.

Jewish Feminism and Intersectionality

Donít miss out on attending Marla Brettschneiderís guest lecture on Jewish Feminism and Intersectionality. Brettschneider has a Ph.D. and is a professor of political science and womenís studies at the University of New Hampshire. She has published and done copious research on diversity politics. She will define intersectionality and how it operates. She will also explore the role Jewish culture has played in intersectionality and why this history is key to the idea. You can listen to this lecture on Sept. 25 from 12:25 – 1:25 p.m. It will be in LNCO, room 2110.

Roomful of Teeth

Treat yourself to an immersive experience and purchase a ticket to see the Grammy-winning vocal performance group, Roomful of Teeth. In partnership with the School of Music, the eight-voice ensemble will be performing on Sept. 26 from 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall. The group is constantly improving and trying new techniques. All members of the group have a masterís degree, and they seek to push borders. The mission of the group is to ìmine the expressive potential of the human voiceî according to their website. General admission tickets are $25 and Arts Pass tickets for U students are $5. Make sure to bring your UCard.

Exhibitions

Vikings: Beyond the Legend

Natural History Museum of Utah

Now – Jan. 1

Star Party

Physics Building

Sept. 29, 8 – 10 p.m.

Workshops 

Step Into Life

Huntsman Cancer Hospital Multipurpose Room, Floor 6

Sept. 27, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.

Concerts

Chamber Music Society of Salt Lake City: Dover Quartet

Libby Gardner Hall

Sept. 29, 7:30 p.m.

Palak Jayswal is a writer for the Arts and Entertainment section for the Daily Utah Chronicle. She is a sophomore at the University of Utah and intends to graduate in the Spring of 2020 with a degree in Communications.