The University of Utah Campus Store on Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017 (Photo by Kiffer Creveling)

Crimson Rally and Movie Night

Join in on the fun of Homecoming Week and show your school spirit at the Crimson Rally on Oct. 5. The traditional Crimson Rally will be from 8-9 p.m. followed by a movie afterwards on the football field, a perfect opportunity to ask that special someone out or have a night of fun with your friends. Head football coach Kyle Whittingham will be present, and there will also be food, giveaways and music. So bring some friends or that special someone, a blanket and maybe a couple chairs to create some lifelong memories with your fellow students.

Get ready for Homecoming with chances to win prizes on Oct. 4 outside the Campus Store from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. This event is hosted by the University Credit Union and the University of Utah Campus Store, and it will feature live music by a local DJ, a game of spin-the-wheel to win prizes such as street tacos and U apparel, as well as a drawing for two VIP tailgate passes and two tickets to the homecoming football game against Stanford. This is a great event to get ready for homecoming, and it is easy to attend by stopping by between classes or during a lunch break.

Homecoming Event with U Credit Union and Campus Store

All Campus Career Fair

Come to the Fall 2017 All Campus Career Fair on Tuesday, Oct. 3 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. in the Union Ballroom. This event is free for all and provides information for graduating seniors of all majors and alumni who are seeking career-focused positions. The All Campus Career Fair will also have available internship opportunities for juniors and seniors. This is a great occasion to explore your possibilities after graduation and get your foot in the door with an internship. More information about this event and the resources available at Career Services can be found at careers.utah.edu.

Exhibitions

Vikings: Beyond the Legend

Now – Jan. 1

Natural History Museum of Utah

Pick Your Poison

Now – Oct. 31

Eccles Health Sciences Library

Queer Futures

Oct. 2, 12-1 p.m.

Building 73

Diegoís Dream (screening and discussion)

Oct. 3, 6-8 p.m.

College of Social Work

I am a Queer Artist of Color and still alive

Oct. 4 , 11:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.

A Ray Olpin Union

Reimaging Queer Resistance through Art

Oct. 4, 6-8 p.m.

A. Ray Olpin Union

It is my duty to spit: an afternoon of poems with J Mase III

Oct. 5, 12-1:30 p.m.

Marriott Library

PDC Performance

Oct. 5 , 5:30 p.m., Oct. 6, 7:30 p.m.

Marriott Center for Dance

Workshops 

Core & Stretch

Oct. 2 and 4, 6:30-7 a.m.

Huntsman Cancer Hospital multipurpose room floor 6

Zumba

Oct. 2, 12-1 p.m.,  Oct. 4, 7-7:30 a.m.

Huntsman Cancer Hospital Multipurpose room floor 6

Yoga

Oct. 3, 5:15-6:15 p.m., Oct. 4, 11.30 a.m.-12 p.m.

Pilates Mat

Oct. 4, 9-10 a.m.

Concerts

Flute Choir

Oct. 2, 4 p.m.

Dumke Recital Hall

Faculty and Guest Recital

Oct. 3, 7:30 p.m.

Libby Gardener Concert Hall

Alina Hansen is a Writer for the Arts and Entertainment section for the Daily Utah Chronicle. She is a Senior at the University of Utah graduating in Spring 2018 with a Major in English and Minor in Writing and Rhetoric.