Events Calendar Oct. 16

0
54
Curtis Lin

Performing Dance Company

The University of Utah School of Dance kicked off its 2017-18 season with its Performing Dance Company (PDC) show. The PDC performance runs through Oct. 21. The Modern Dance Program, which makes up PDC, promises a professional performance with choreography from U faculty and New Yorker Anna Azrieli. Current students can get in free with a uID. Adult admission is $12 and admission for faculty, seniors and other students is $8. Concerts will take place at the Marriott Center for Dance in the Hayes Christensen Theatre. Visit www.dance.utah.edu to check out specific dates and times.

Pick Your Poison

The free exhibit “Pick Your Poison” will be on display until Oct. 31. It takes a hard look at mind-altering substances and their place in society. Along with the exhibit, panel discussions and lectures will be held. The first panel discussion was Oct. 6 and it “focus[ed] on the voices of patients and families living with and impacted by addiction.” The display and programming are located at the Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, on campus. More information can be found on its website.

Love’s Labour’s Lost

The U Department of Theater at Studio 115 presents “Love’s Labour’s Lost,”a Shakespeare comedy for the poetry enthusiast. Boasting beautiful prose and plot twists full of humor, this show is a must-see. Oregon Shakespeare Festival’s Terri McMahon joins the U to direct this story full of mishaps and laughs. This is another event free for current students with their uID, $8.50 for all other students, $15 for U staff, U faculty, military and seniors and $18 for general admission. Performances are scheduled Oct. 20-22, 26-29 at 7:30 p.m. Matinees will be held Oct. 28 and 29 at 2 p.m.

Workshops

Arts Entrepreneur: Bob Ross Paint Nnight

Oct. 20, 6-8 p.m.

Lassonde Studios

Exhibitions

Vikings Beyond the Legend

Now – Jan. 1

Natural History Museum of Utah

Vandana Shiva

Oct. 20, 7:.30-9 p.m.

Libby Gardener ConcertMusic Hall

Michael Poulos and Larry Levis Film

Oct. 17, 7 p.m.

Downtown Ppublic Llibrary

Concerts

Jazz Small Groups

Oct. 18, 7:.30 p.m.

Fine Arts West (FAW)

Alexandra Parra, Flute, DMA Rrecital

Oct. 18, 8-9 p.m.

Dumke Recital Hall

Summer Arts winners with the American West Symphony

Oct. 20, 7:.30 pm

Libby Gardener Concert Hall