Classes at the Business Classroom Building were canceled as a result of flooding and a power outage.

The University of Utah closed the Business Classroom Building (BUC) Tuesday following flooding and a power outage.

“ALERT: A pipe burst in the basement of the Business Classroom Building and the power is out,” the U wrote on Twitter. “We’re working on restoring power and removing the water, but all classes at BUC are canceled today.”

One hour later, the university posted on Twitter again to notify students that some classes would instead be moved.

“UPDATE: We are working on relocating and rescheduling classes in the Business Classroom Building. Please check with instructors about class changes.”

The U assembled a list of classes that were relocated and will continue to update that list throughout the week. However, students are encouraged to check with their professors for further information about class relocation.

The BUC will continue to be closed through Friday as the U works to repair the building.

c.robles@dailyutahchronicle.com

@Claudiavrobles_