Events Calendar Jan. 29

0
49
Coffee
Justin Prather

Free Coffee Hour

Enjoy free coffee, hot chocolate and tea at the Gould Auditorium in the Marriott Library on Wednesday, Jan. 31, from 2-3 p.m. Recommended reads will be available for you to check out while you refresh with a hot drink. Coffee Hour is a repeating event throughout the spring semester that will take place every last Wednesday of the month. This is a great event to pick up a new book and chat with other students while sipping on a free drink. For more information, visit the event’s Facebook page.

Forum on Hate Crimes

The Office of the Dean of Students is sponsoring the United States Department of Justice to present a Forum on Hate Crimes in the Union Saltair Room on Tuesday, Jan. 30, from 1-4 p.m. This forum will discuss challenges Salt Lake City’s community faces, resources for victims of hate crimes and information on laws, investigations and prosecutions. Students, faculty, staff and the general public are all welcome to attend the event. This event is tailored for students who want to learn more about creating a safer community. For more information, go to  the U’s events page.

MUSE Lunchtime Lecture

MUSE invites a University of Utah faculty member to present at a Lunchtime Lecture on the first Thursday of every month. February’s event is on Feb. 1 from 12:15-1:15 p.m. at the Sill Center. Lunch is free and all students, faculty and staff are welcome. Each lecture has a different theme and provides opportunities for students to meet others with similar interests and connect with professors from different colleges and departments. For more information or questions about this event, contact Libby Henriksen at e.henriksen@muse.utah.edu.

Workshops

Become a Wellness Advocate: Module 2

Jan. 30, 5-7 p.m.

Student Llife Ccenter

Spring 2018 Learning Abroad Fair

Jan. 31, 11 a.m. to – 2 p.m.

A. Ray Olpin Union Building

Arts Entrepreneur: Coffee with Creatives

Jan. 31, 1–2 p.m.

Lassonde Studios

Fabulous Fridays

Feb. 2, 3-5 p.m.

A. Ray Olpin UnionUnion Building

Auditions

Modern Dance Graduate Audition

Feb. 2, 8.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.

Marriott Center for Dance

Alina Hansen is a Writer for the Arts and Entertainment section for the Daily Utah Chronicle. She is a Senior at the University of Utah graduating in Spring 2018 with a Major in English and Minor in Writing and Rhetoric.