SOMe Festival

At the third annual School of Music Ensemble (SOMe) Festival, many of the University of Utah’s most talented student musicians will take the stage to share a wide variety of musical works including classical, jazz, Broadway and original compositions. Different groups of student musicians auditioned to be part of this popular campus tradition. There is no cost to attend. The event will be held at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall on March 6 at 7:30 p.m.

Up (The Man in the Flying Chair)

The U’s Department of Theatre is presenting the play “Up (The Man in the Flying Chair).” The play tells the story of a man who attaches 45 weather balloons to his lawn chair to sail above the world. Reminiscing 20 years later, the man feels he has missed the opportunity to pursue his dreams, and his disillusionment clashes with his wife’s and son’s unrealized desires. Come enjoy a night of entertainment while supporting student artists. The show runs March 9-11, 15-17 at 7:30 p.m. and March 17 at 2 p.m. at Studio 115. Tickets are free with a UCard.

Lean in: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead

It can be challenging for women to find a place in the workplace, especially when women often see each other as competitors. If you are looking for a productive way to address these issues, this panel is for you. Hosted by the Career and Professional Development Center and the Women’s Enrollment Initiative, this circle is themed around “collaboration, not competition,” and comes with helpful advice for fostering teamwork in the corporate world. This event is free and will be held in Room 380 of the Student Services Building on March 7 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Workshops and Seminars

Discipline Specific Writing: Social and Behavior Sciences

Sill Center 120

March 5, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Learning Abroad 101

Union Room 312

March 6, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.

March 7, 3-4 p.m.

Beyond “It was Awesome!” Articulating Your International Experience Career Workshop

SSB 350

March 7, 4-5:30 p.m.

Performances

Eccles Organ Festival Recital: Crista Miller

Libby Gardner Concert Hall

March 11, 8 p.m.

Josh Petersen is an Assistant Editor covering Arts and Entertainment and a regular contributor to the Opinion desk. He is a Junior studying English and Psychology.