Park: Aspirin Is Not A Cure-All Medicine

Aspirin has been used by people all over the world as a useful medicine since the mid-1800s. It has been used by a lot of people due to its significant effectiveness. Its main purpose is to reduce high fevers and act as a painkiller. Due to these positive effects, many people seem to use aspirin as a cure-all medicine.

However, there are several serious side effects of aspirin, including gastric bleeding, gastric ulcers, asthma, an inability to stop bleeding and so on. With aspirin being used so widely and frequently to make people feel better and even cure disease in some cases, it’s critical that the side effects be acknowledged.

To illustrate how serious the side effects of aspirin are, consider gastric bleeding and ulcers, conditions that can be very serious. Gastric ulcers are breaks in the lining of the stomach, the first part of the small intestine or, occasionally, the lower esophagus. The most common symptoms are waking up at night with upper abdominal pain or upper abdominal pain that improves with eating. The pain is often described as a burning or dull ache. Other symptoms include belching, vomiting, weight loss or poor appetite. It is possible to suffer from one or few of these gastric ulcer complications, but it is also possible that some might occur at the same time, which can be dreadful. This has been proved by the JAMA magazine, an American medical publication.

Similar to gastric ulcers, gastric bleeding is another important side effect of aspirin. As literally said, gastric bleeding is bleeding in the inner part of the stomach. This can be dreadful because the patient could die from copious bleeding. Therefore, gastric ulcers and gastric bleeding are some of the most serious side effects.

Asthma can also be a crucial factor to be dealt with as a side effect. This is largely because patients suffering from asthma tend to grow frustrated with the disease itself. Patients suffering often need portable inhalers which help them breath. Without this product, those with asthma could die at virtually any second when they are unable to breathe. Add to this, asthma increases the likelihood of strokes as well. This means a patient who is experiencing asthma could also die from a stroke.

The possible inability to stop bleeding is an issue that must be thought about carefully. This is largely because, without the ability to clot, a person can die from blood loss as mentioned earlier. If a patient taking aspirin gets into an accident or goes into a surgery, they could die from a lack of blood because the body cannot clot the blood, allowing it to flow without replenishing. As most people know, the human body and brain function properly due to the circulation of blood. Therefore, without a certain amount of blood, the human body will not be able to function well or at all.

Many people do not know yet how serious the side effects of aspirin are. Contrary to what many believe, aspirin is not a cure-all medicine, and it needs to be taken with care and caution.