Events Calendar April 9

Curtis Lin
Nature surrounding the University of Utah campus in Salt Lake City, UT on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.

Jazz Ensemble

On April 9 at 7:30 p.m., come listen to the soulful sounds of the Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Repertory alongside saxophonist Caleb Curtis. Curtis’s sound has been described by the event’s page as “introspective, brash and melodic.” His debut album, which came out in 2015 — entitled “Neighborhood” — was a raging success. Held by the School of Music in Fine Arts West, this is a free concert you won’t want to miss. 

National Theatre Live: Julius Caesar

Watch the great Shakespearean tragedy brought to life once again and reinvented with the expertise and experience from actors such as Ben Whishaw, Michelle Fairley, David Calder and David Morrissey. After Caesar returns to Rome, wealthy elite in the area are unhappy with his rise in popularity. They conspire to bring Caesar down, and, as a result of his death, a civil war breaks out. Watch the famous life of Julius Caesar through the eyes of those around him, as National Theatre Live broadcasts this play from The Bridge Theatre in London. The show will be playing on Tuesday, April 10 from 7-10 p.m. at Broadway Centre Cinemas in Salt Lake City. Ticket prices range from $15-20, and there are student discounts available.

Earth Week

Jump on board for Earth week. Beginning April 9, the University of Utah will be celebrate planet Earth. Monday will feature a showcase on solutions for climate change in the Union at 11 a.m. As the week progresses, the events get more exciting with beekeeping, free bike locks, a tree tour and the screening of “Wasted,” a documentary on food waste in the United States. It’s the perfect opportunity to join a fun and engaging environment.

Workshops 

Spring Book Sale

All week, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Marriott Library

Beekeeping Workshop

April 10, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Gould Auditorium

Earth Fest

April 11, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Marriott Library Plaza

Campus Tree Tour

April 12, 2-3 p.m.

Meet at the flagpole in Presidents Circle

Last Frost Kick-Off

April 13, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Pioneer Garden

Performances

Bodies “As” Knowledge: Part II

April 10, 4:30-6:30 p.m.

College of Social Work in the Okazaki Community Meeting Room – 155 B

Campus Symphony

April 11, 7:30 p.m.

Libby Gardner Concert Hall

Modern Dance Senior Concert

April 12, 5:30 p.m.

Marriott Center for Dance

“Wasted” Screening

April 12, 6-8 p.m.

Post Theatre in Fort Douglas

Our Country’s Good

April 12 & 13, 7:30 p.m. 

April 14 & 15, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. 

Babcock Theatre