Last Course Review

Tiramisu Cake at Last Course via Palak Jayswal

Hidden away on the jewel which is Regent Street in Downtown Salt Lake is the restaurant “Last Course.” It’s the ultimate trap for anyone with a sweet tooth, but it’s not one you’ll regret landing yourself in.

Last Course has a extremely modern and open design. Walking into the restaurant, you don’t feel like you’re at one. Granted, it’s called Last Course Dessert Studio. There is open seating on the top level and standing tables where you can put your delicious treats down to eat. The staff at Last Course are extremely friendly, offering to help you choose from the list of sweets with the aid of samples.

But of course, most importantly of all: the dessert is amazing. I ordered the tiramisu cake, but it took quite a while for me to decide on that. Last Course is home to 18 different types of ice cream, 15 other types of dessert and drinks like hot cocoa and coffee. They also have desserts available to take home. Alongside that, Last Course also caters large events and they have customizable dessert options available for those events as well.

The tiramisu cake was to die for, moist and dusted nicely with cocoa powder. The two shortbread cookie spoons that were dipped in chocolate and topped with raspberries were, well, the icing on the cake. The real highlight of the dessert was the two espresso pipes that you squeeze into the cake all by yourself. The portion size was fairly large, enough for two people to share as many other patrons were doing with their respective desserts. This can be beneficial because some of the items on the menu may be a bit pricey, although none of them will break the bank.

Overall, this studio is a gem just waiting to be discovered. It’s a fair competitor against Waffle Love and the Sweeth Tooth Fairy. In this day and age it’s hard to find food places where you not only get the bang for your buck but are satisfied too. Last Course does exactly that. Don’t miss out on trying out at least one of the delicious desserts Last Course offers. It’s a great place to go after a movie or on a date.

There are two locations, one in City Creek Mall on Regent Street, and another in Draper. They are open from Monday throughThursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.