Women’s Basketball: Utes Host L.A. Schools

Cass Palor
KIANA MOORE (0) defends her opponent as The University of Utah Lady Utes take on Brigham Young University at the Huntsman Center in Salt Lake City, UT on Saturaday, Dec. 8, 2018 (Photo by Cassandra Palor | Daily Utah Chronicle)

The Utes are back in Salt Lake City to host both USC and UCLA after taking two devastating losses against Oregon and Oregon State last weekend. Utah is currently 18-3 overall and 7-3 in Pac-12 play.

Senior Megan Huff has had 12 double-doubles so far this season, and is tied for 17th nationally and is second in the Pac-12. Freshman Dre’Una Edwards has been on the charts with blocks, ranked fourth overall and is first within the freshman class. As a team, the Utes are ranked second in the Pac-12 and 10th nationally in assists per game (APG), averaging 18.

Utah will start off their weekend on Friday, Feb. 8 against USC at 7 p.m. MT. The game against USC will be Utah’s pink game, all fans that wear pink to the game will get in for free.

The USC Trojans are coming off of a dominating weekend taking both Washington and Washington State. They are currently 13-8 overall and 3-7 in Pac-12 play. USC is being led by Minyon Moore, who is sitting at 14.8 points and 6.4 assists per game.

After the game on Friday, the Utes will have one day to recover before their game against UCLA on Sunday, Feb. 10 at noon. UCLA is currently 13-9 overall and 6-4 in Pac-12 play. 

Both games this weekend will be at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. Due to the annual pink game on Friday, all fans will be able to receive free admissions to the game if they wear pink. Students are allowed free entry for themselves plus up to four guests for all home women basketball games with a valid student ID. Otherwise, fans can purchase tickets online or by calling 801-581-UTIX. Both games will be broadcasted on the Pac-12 Networks.

@LeilaniGastelum