(Photo by: Justin Prather | The Utah Chronicle).

Love songs — you either love them or love to hate them. It’s the perfect time of year for mushy romantic ballads and declarations of devotion — and even if you’re not feeling the love, there are plenty of great love songs that can even inspire cynics to get on their feet and sing along. In honor of Valentine’s Day, here is a curated playlist with some of our favorite love songs:

“We Found Love”
Rihanna (feat. Calvin Harris)

An ode to finally finding love just when you’ve started to give up on it, this Rihanna song is timeless.

“Just The Way You Are”
Bruno Mars

There’s nothing sweeter than being able to be yourself with someone you love.

“Can’t Help Falling in Love”
Elvis Presley

A classic which should be on every love or romance playlist. It will never get old.

“Love Me Like You Do”
Ellie Goulding

Propelled by Goulding’s smooth vocals, this song depicts a person jumping into love without any doubts.

“Rather Be”
Clean Bandit (feat. Jess Glynne)

When you’re in love, it’s hard to not think about your significant other 24/7. This song gives a needed voice to the idea.

“Perfect
Ed Sheeran

It’s not a stretch to crown Ed Sheeran as this decade’s king of romantic songs. This song is one of many among his discography which makes you want to fall in love just by listening.

“Fallin’ All in You”
Shawn Mendes

A soft, sweet song in which Mendes is able to capture the light feeling of new love.

“Bloom”
Troye Sivan

The best love allows you to grow as individuals and as a pair.

“Tenerife Sea”
Ed Sheeran

Perhaps the most romantic song that Sheeran has ever written.

“Lovebug”
Jonas Brothers

After you experience love once, it’s easy to recognize it in the future.

“Seeing Blind”
Niall Horan & Maren Morris

Sometimes falling in love is so unexpected it takes you by surprise.

“She Will Be Loved”
Maroon 5

Performed at the Super Bowl this year, this song is just another timeless classic passed down through the years.

“The Sound”
The 1975

Get your body moving with this fast-paced love song from the British band.

“Adore You”
Miley Cyrus

One of Cyrus’ softer pieces, this song is often overlooked. Her soaring vocals are a perfect match for the gentle lyrics.

“All of Me”
John Legend

Lastly, this song took the world by storm when it was released. Giving yourself away entirely to love is a big deal and Legend puts the experience into words perfectly.

What are your Valentine’s Day favorites? Let us know in the comments below. For regular music recommendations from The Daily Utah Chronicle, make sure to follow our Spotify.

p.jayswal@dailyutahchronicle.com

@palak_jayswal

Palak Jayswal is the Arts Editor. She is a senior at the University of Utah, pursuing a degree in journalism and a minor in creative writing. She loves writing, books, music and all things art.