April Events Calendar

(Courtesy of The Clothesline Project)

The Clothesline Project
March 4 – April 27 | Eccles Health Sciences Library

The Clothesline Project is an interactive art exhibit currently sweeping universities. A series of T-shirts decorated or designed by survivors or in honor of survivors are on display. The exhibit is free to view.

(Courtesy of PxHere)

Spring Book Sale
April 1-5 | Marriott Library

Bring a bag and fill it with books. Seniors can prepare for their post-graduation free time and other classes can dream of the time when they will no longer have homework. There is always room for a good book and now you can get them for a steal! The price decrease daily and books are free Thursday and Friday.

Artist Talk and Film Screening
April 3 | UMFA

See Yang Yongliang’s 58-minute experimental film titled “Fall into Oblivion.” The artist will be in attendance (via Skype) and there will be a discussion after the viewing at 7 p.m. The film is a dreamscape sequence with an armor-clad protagonist. Sounds enticing. Arrive 30 minutes early to take part in “Match” activities meant to inspire interest in books and art. Admission is free with a UID.

Virtual Reality Symposium
April 3, 1-3 p.m. | Eccles Health Sciences Library

How can virtual reality benefit education, research and community engagement? Find out at this symposium and catch up on campus projects involving VR. Free to students.

(Courtesy of Kingsbury Hall)

Complexions Contemporary Ballet
April 5 | Kingsbury Hall

Come see a compilation of styles from ballet to hip hop in a tribute to David Bowie. This year’s performance is titled “Star Dust,” and it is sure to shine. Tickets are $5 with a UID.

The Rivals
April 5-14 | Babcock Theater

Check out some good old-fashioned farce about the classic love story of thwarted couples attempting to get married. This play is about how humanity can be narcissistic and superficial, and it will be uproariously funny. Tickets are free with a UID.

(Courtesy of the U Theatre Department)

Scott Silvan: Wonder after Dark
April 6-7 | Kingsbury Hall

Scott returns with his hypnosis and psychology in an immersive performance experience. Check out his show for only $5 with a UID.

Alice
April 12-13 | Kingsbury Hall

Come see the Youth Theatre at the U’s interpretation of Lewis Carroll’s classic tale. Reimagined by Penny Caywood, this fanciful musical will please the whole family. $5 with a UID.

(Courtesy of the U School Dance of Dance)

“GALA”
April 12, 18, 20  | Marriott Center for Dance

This performance brings together the disciplines of ballet and modern dance. This year’s guest choreographers are Anouk van Dijk, Rick McCullough and Penny Saunders. Anouk van Dijk is the artistic choreographer of Chunky Move in Australia and the founder of Countertechnique. Penny Saunders choreographs for Grand Rapids Ballet creating contemporary ballet works. Tickets are free with a UID.

Tech Talks
April 18 | Salt Lake Main Library

The Salt Lake Library will be hosting a talk, in Partnership with the U’s School of Computing, about how our culture is affected by computer science. This talk will focus on game design research and whether it should be human-centered. Free to the public.

“Dangerous Game”
April 18 – 20 | Studio 115 in the Performing Arts Building

This musical review written by Frank Wildhorn will be sure to dazzle and perhaps frighten. Don’t miss the final performance of the Musical Theater Program’s class of 2019.

Dialogues Des Carmelites
April 19-20 | Kingsbury Hall

Enjoy this opera about self-exploration and religious devotion based on a true story. Set during the French Revolution, this performance tells the tale of an aristocratic woman’s escape from the violence of war into the sanctity of religion. Free with a UID.

American History, Culture and Society Lecture Series
April 25 | Salt Lake Library Marmalade Branch

Joy Pierce, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the College of Humanities and Associate Professor in Writing and Rhetoric Studies, talks about public spaces. She is focused on how these spaces can be a difficult place to close the digital divide for underrepresented populations. Free to the public.

Game of Thrones Celebration
April 27 | Salt Lake Main Library

Celebrate the final season of Game of Thrones, and all the other seasons, with a series of free public events. There will be crafting, archery, science, painting, braiding and even a wall of faces. Don’t miss out on the fun. Plus, bring a non-perishable food item to donate and you will recieve a raffle ticket free of charge.

Ballet Senior Showcase
May 1 | Marriott Center for Dance

Come see a final display of the ballet senior’s choreographic ability and technical prowess before they graduate. Free with a UID.