Get Involved with Student Media

Welcome! Thank you for your interest in Student Media. We’re hiring so check out our open positions below.

Here is an overview of the different areas of Student Media.

The Daily Utah Chronicle:  The University of Utah’s independent student voice since 1890. The Daily Utah Chronicle is a student run newspaper published weekly throughout the year. Chronicle editors and staff are solely responsible for the newspaper’s content. The Chronicle employs more than 100 students in various part-time and full-time positions.

K-UTE Radio: We’ve been the University of Utah’s Student Radio Station since 1988, which means that nearly three decades of music, talk shows, DJs, emcees, and personality has come through our station. We broadcast live from the University Union Building 24/7 and are evolving into the U’s Podcasting Platform. We’re also the place to go for awesome events, fun videos, and entertaining blog writing.

University Media Sales Group: We provide advertising opportunities in two of the largest college newspapers in the state. We hire student account representatives to guide our clients from a student perspective.

Digital U: We’re the digital side of Student Media. We are responsible for running, maintaining and creating the digital platforms for The Daily Utah Chronicle and K-UTE.

Video Production and Editing: This team manages all video production and editing. Team members will be a part of filming, streaming and promoting finished content.

ADThing: The ad agency staffed by students. Run by pros. An undergraduate, “advertising geek” community from across disciplines across the University – Computer Science, Graphic Design, Comms, Business. Developed by the David Eccles School of Business with Student Media. This is not classes. This is not another “student-run” ad agency. This is a real creative ad agency. On campus. Working on real projects. From real clients. Under real pros.

Current Open Applications

We are always looking for new and exciting talent to join our team. Internship positions are always open and we encourage you to apply.

We currently are looking for interns to join our team in:

Marketing – Spring 2017

Video Production and Editing – Spring 2017

Web and App Development – Spring 2017

Analytics – Spring 2017

Social Media – Spring 2017

Radio Hosts/Dj’s – Spring 2017

Arts Writing – Spring 2017

Opinion Writing – Spring 2017

News Writing – Spring 2017

Sports Writing – Spring 2017

Online Writing – Spring 2017

Photographers – Spring 2017

Advertising and Sales – Spring 2017

Graphic Design – Spring 2017