Campus Events

October 16

Joseph Burds of the U.S. Navy will speak to all regarding health professions scholarships at noon in the Skaggs Biology Building foyer.

October 17

The International Center is hosting its annual International Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Union Ballroom. Students can learn about study abroad opportunities.

The School of Law is hosting a financial aid workshop from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Moot Courtroom.

The Graduate School of Architecture is hosting a speech on ?Analog Digital Improvisation? at 5:30 p.m. in the Utah Museum of Fine Arts Auditorium.

October 18

The department of medicinal chemistry is hosting a seminar at 4 p.m. in Room 316 Skaggs Hall.

Ken Meyers, Director of Admissions at Washington State University Veterinary School, will speak to any interested pre veterinary students at 4 p.m in Room 304 of the Skaggs Biology Building.

The Utah Museum of Natural History presents a lecture titled, ?Dinosaurs: New Views on Ancient Bones? at 7 p.m. in Kingsbury Hall. Call 581-6927 for free tickets.

October 19

The Marriott Library?s Diversity Committee is hosting a session of its rainbow bag lunches titled, ?The World is Welcome Here: International Student Panel? at noon in the library?s Gould Auditorium.

Dr. Yvonne Chalkley of the Iowa School of Dentistry is speaking to any interested pre-dental students at 1 p.m. In Room 404 of the Skaggs Biology Building.

October 23

The Writing on the Wall Project Planning Committee is hosting ?Atrocities and Heroes?A Day of Recognition? from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Union West Ballroom.

October 24

The pathology department is hosting an open house from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Skaggs Biology Building. Prizes will be given.

November 8

The Wallace Stegner Center of the College of Law is hosting a reading by Thomas Power from ?Post Cowboy Economics: Pay and Prosperity in the New American West? at 7 p.m. in the library?s Gould Auditorium.

January 15

The College of Law?s Wallace Stegner Center is hosting a reading by John Campbell from his book, ?Absence of Light: Meditations from the Klamath Marshes Dead West? at 7 p.m. in the library?s Gould Auditorium.