Career engineering comes to U

The yearly Science and Engineering Career Fair was held on Thursday in the Union Ballroom.

There were 50 recruiting organizations in attendance.

Representatives gave information to students via brochures, catalogs and flyers. Students even got the chance to turn in applications and resumes for call-backs from some companies.

Nathan Marx, a senior studying mechanical engineering, said, “I graduate in May, and attended the fair to see what job opportunities were available through the fair.”

Col. Tim Martin, representing the Air Force ROTC at the fair, said, “The Air Force has many job opportunities in engineering. It’s not just for individuals who want to join the military.”

The fair wasn’t just for those with science or engineering majors, but also gave other students who haven’t decided on a major the opportunity to learn more about those fields, and whether or not they were interested.

Taylor Evans, a senior studying mechanical engineering, said he also attended the fair to “see what opportunities were available in engineering” if he was not accepted into law school.

Jessie Burnside