Married LDS couples can do what they want

Something is wrong with a person who has to send sexually harassing criticism to an entire population.

To argue about whether or not the LDS faith allows certain sexual practices between married couples? This is ridiculous!

Just to clear things up, this is what is taught. President Howard W. Hunter, the 14th president of the church, said that, “Tenderness and respect-never selfishness-must be the guiding principles in the intimate relationship between husband and wife.

Each partner must be considerate and sensitive to the other’s needs and desires.

Any domineering, indecent or uncontrolled behavior in the intimate relationship between husband and wife is condemned by the Lord” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1994, 68; or “Ensign,” Nov. 1994, 51).

What is indecent, domineering or disrespectful should be decided between the husband and wife.

That is how the LDS people are counseled.

Swift just might not know this because he left the LDS Church.

You can believe me-a happily married LDS person who has also gone to BYU in the past and regularly visits LDS temples-or you can believe someone who left the LDS Church and is holding a grudge. What happens in the bedroom of a married couple shouldn’t be printed in the papers, and the harassment that has been going back and forth in letters to the editor needs to stop.

Why can’t we agree that it’s OK to have different belief systems? I think Gordon Swift should think about that.

James Smith

Senior, Art