Now see here: Movies Opening on 12/9/05

“The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”

Directed by Andrew Adamson

Four British schoolchildren step through a wardrobe and discover a fantasy land full of swords, sorcery and a Christ-like lion-oh, I’m sorry, I mean a “holiday-like” lion-named Aslan. (PG)

“Syriana”

Directed by Stephen Gaghan

What do you get if you put slimy businessmen, Washington lawmakers, Middle East royalty and a tubby CIA operative into a blender full of Texas Tea? You get this toxic thriller about the fight over oil, starring George Clooney and Matt Damon. (R)

“The War Within”

Directed by Joseph Castelo

A Pakistani man joins a sleeper cell in New York City-as in a “terrorist” sleeper cell, not the portable animal kennels your parents used to force you to sleep in. What? Was I the only one? (NR)

“Occupation: Dreamland”

Directed by Ian Olds and Garrett Scott

American soldiers invade Fallujah in this entrenched documentary. Watch for the scene in which our troops panic over the enormous blob of insurgents on their radar-only to find out that it’s just Michael Moore, in town filming “Fahrenheit 9/11: Part Two.” (NR)

“Scrooged”

Directed by Richard Donnor

If Ebenezer Scrooge and Gordon Gekko had a baby, he might look something like Bill Murray in this modern retelling of the Dickens classic.

When the guy at the Tower box office asks for your money, tell him, “Bah humbug, b’otch!” and see what happens. Maybe you’ll get in free! (PG-13)

Compiled by Aaron Allen