Working hard for the money

By Ana Breton

The U’s Career Services is holding a career fair Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Union Ballroom.From UPS to the Utah Jazz, more than 80 companies will be handing out applications and offering interview tips and other important job information.Although this is not a major-directed fair, students will be able to find companies that suit their interests, said Leslie Bolton, student employment coordinator.”We are hosting a broad range of businesses that are ready and eager to hire U students,” she said.Most employers are looking for studentsto fill part-time, entry-level jobs.”Some businesses may have one specific job they need to fill, while others might have three to 15,” Bolton said.Internships are also available, she said.Although employers prefer to recruit juniors and seniors for their internship spots, Bolton said she is encouraging freshmen and sophomores to apply.She also suggests bringing plenty of rsums to hand out to potential employers.Other corporations set to present at the event include Real Salt Lake, Ballet West and the Peace Corps.”If anything, just come between classes and get free pizza and Coke,” Bolton said.X96 will also be broadcasting its “Radio from Hell” show live on the Union Plaza from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Job opportunities with the radio station’s broadcasting company, Simmons Media Group, will also be available at the fair.For a complete list of all the employers, visit www.careers.utah.edu/downloads/StudentJob2006websites.pdf.