Media picks

“Ever since I’ve been at this fine educational establishment, the Utes have come out on top of this rivalry. I don’t know what they will do once their good luck charm–me–leaves for greener pastures, but one thing’s for sure: This year’s game is in the bag. WOOOOOO!”Utah 37, BYU 35Chris BellamyChronicle Sports Editor

“Eric Weddle will save the day once again, and after the game, we will find out he is actually Jesus, and his performance was just to spite the Mormons.”Utah 2, BYU 1Cody BrunnerChronicle Sports Writer

“John Beck will shatter his pelvis during the Haka dance and the Utes will win for a fifth consecutive year.”Utah 34, BYU 31Natalie DicouChronicle Sports Writer

“Isn’t it against the BYU honor code to even set foot on the U’s corrupt campus? Eric Weddle is gonna make John Beck cry–again–and the Ute seniors are going to go out never having lost to the Cougars.” Utah 31, BYU 27Tony PizzaChronicle Sports Writer

“The Utes are playing for truth, justice and the right the right to have caffeine in their soda. Utah County’s Fundamentalist Mormon Jihad doesn’t stand a chance.”Utah 34, BYU 31Tom QuinnChronicle Sports Writer

“We all know how the Utes have done in big games this season, and that’s why the four-game win streak vs. the South stops–unless the Utes can somehow clone Eric Weddle to play all 22 positions, all the time, while still returning kicks and punts and leading the band. Utah may be hitting its stride in the paltry MWC, but this BYU team could compete with the Fiesta Utes. Compete. They’re going to spread Utah out like a Thanksgiving turkey and fill it with good, wholesome?ahhh?stuffing. And probably a touchdown or six. As much as it pains me, BYU is better. Maybe another loss can speed up the process for a new coach.BYU 36, Utah 3Rory BrunnerCBS Sportsline copy editor and former Chronicle sports editor

“By the time Eric Weddle is through with him, John Beck’s intrepid boast about what he’s going to do to the ‘school up north’ will look more foolish than a bunch of South Carolina frat boys in the ‘Borat’ movie.”Utah 27, BYU 24Eric WaldenSalt Lake Tribune sports desk and former Chronicle sports editor

“Utah won’t be able to stop BYU’s offense. Utah’s offense is too inconsistent and devoid of serious big-play potential to mount much of a threat. But when you have a heck of a weapon like Sweet and Silky Louie Sakoda booming punts inside the 20, something’s got to give.”Utah 55, BYU 0Joe BeattySalt Lake Tribune copy editor and former Chronicle sports editor

“I said this last year. BYU’s gonna win. The U doesn’t have the running game that they’ve had before. They’ve always had a big running back to sorta keep them (BYU) honest and they haven’t had that this year. So in my mind that is gonna be the clincher. That’s gonna kill (Utah).” Brad RockDeseret Morning News columnist and former Chronicle sports editor

“I usually pick BYU. I’m not going to this year. On paper, BYU should win by–I would say two touchdowns is probably the spread–but the pressure is all on the Cougars this time and Beck still has to prove to me that he can win a close football game.” Utah 31, BYU 30Chris TunisKALL-700 broadcaster