Miller: Utes send a message, ready for big game against ‘Zona

I think its safe to say Utah gets a little angry losing games.

Following Thursday night’s destruction of Arizona State, the Utes have now won by 22, 28 and 42 points in the games following their three conference losses.

YOU’LL WANT TO READ: BREAKING DOWN UTAH VS. ARIZONA, BY POSITION

Every coach says to learn from the loss and move on — Utah actually does, and does it with a hammer in fist.

Utah head coach Larry Kryskowiak said following the game that with the way his team was practicing this week, he wouldn’t have wanted to be the team that had to play his squad. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the Sun Devils wish they would have just stayed home. Snow, cold and a beatdown – not really a way you want to start a weekend

The Utes played angry, they played relentless. It was like an older brother just being an absolute jerk to his younger brother in the drive-way.

If Utah wanted to prove the Oregon loss was nothing but a fluke, then they did a pretty good job.

You don’t outscore someone 41-9 in a half by accident. You do it when you are trying to send a message, one that may have been addressed to the Wildcats and read, “You lost to these guys?”

As Utah was throwing its first of many haymakers at the Sun Devils, Arizona was on the other side of the Rockies finishing off its own rout of Colorado.

Both teams got through the potential “trap” game with ease, and now the battle is set.

It’s time for Larry K to dust off that Arizona tape and remind his team exactly what happened in Tucson. Remind them how they got physically beaten, outhustled and were punched right in the mouth.

“The last time we played them it was a 20-rebound differential,” Krystkowiak said “It was the one game this year that we got dumped. It was the one game this year we felt like we got it handed to us. It’s a high powered machine that is clicking.”

Oh, the Utes already remember. Well then It’s time to sit back and enjoy the show.

The MUSS chanted “We want Austin” at the end of Thursday night’s game, clamoring for the sight of walk-on Austin Eastman. By then, the Utes had already finished yelling their own chant, “we want Arizona.”

Game on Wildcats, game on.

@millerjryan