Hit the slopes or the sand this spring break

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Spring Break is just around the corner, but it isn’t too late to plan an awesome vacation and take a break from the intensity of college academics. From international to domestic destinations, I’ve come up with some ideas to help kick-start your planning.

FEATURE STORY: IT’S TIME TO MAKE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION CONVENIENT

When it comes to international Spring Break ideas, Mexico is one of the first to come to mind. It’s the classic destination for college students — warm and sunny with amazing beaches. Unfortunately, these days Mexico seems to be on the dangerous side for many students, so considering an alternative tropical destination, like the Bahamas or the Dominican Republic, may provide a more relaxing, tourist-friendly environment.

If you’re looking for the perfect beach experience, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic may be the place for you. It’s the ultimate Spring Break Caribbean destination, with miles of white beaches, amazing resorts and plenty of adventures, parties and clubs to satisfy any college student looking to blow off a little steam. Additionally, Nassau, Bahamas is similar in its tropical offerings. According to STS Travel Agency, there are two types of beaches in the Bahamas — Cable Beach, which is very much oriented to entertaining tourists with things like resorts and casinos, and “a deserted beach where you will find nothing but clear blue water, soft white sand and sunshine as far as the eye can see.”

If international airfare is on the steeper side financially, looking at places like Daytona Beach, Las Vegas, Miami, or South Padre Island in Texas may be a better option. These destinations are sure to bring nice weather that will leave you with that perfect tan, along with atmospheres where you’re guaranteed to party it up with plenty of other college students.

But if you’re a true Utahn and tropical destinations aren’t for you, road-tripping to the Grand Canyon for some off-season and uncrowded hiking, camping and wicked views will never be a letdown. Or, according to CNN writer Jordan Rane, Bridger Bowl, Montana is up to par with any skiing you’ll find in Utah and Colorado. Rane reports that, while it isn’t as well-known, Bridger Bowl has “some of the best spring skiing for the money anywhere.” But if you want to keep it local, a Spring Break filled with skiing and some scuba diving in the incredible Homestead Crater near Heber, Utah is hard to beat.

Or, if you’ve had a good academic year so far and blowing off steam by partying and sun-bathing isn’t entirely necessary, you can always get involved in an Alternative Spring Break trip sponsored by the U. With this program, students travel to places like California, Colorado and Washington to volunteer and become more informed on important issues like homelessness, poverty, human rights and urban environmentalism.

[email protected][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]