#RoommateProbs: The worst

#RoommateProbs: The worst

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]roommateproblems

(Photo credit: hercampus.com)

No matter how close you are with your roommates, whether you found them on Craigslist or have known them since 5th grade, you’re going to encounter problems. Here’s a list of the ones we think are really the worst:

5. Dishes. Dishes. Dishes.

We’ve all been there. Woke up 15 minutes before class starts, you need a shower and breakfast at Flash speed. In the process you leave a tornado of crap in the kitchen behind you, which is fine, let’s just not leave it for others to pick up, k?

4. Is this yours? It belongs in your room.

Every single house has a common area where roommates tend to deposit their stuff. It’s all fun and games until you’ve stubbed your toe on the table after avoiding a pair of shoes, a laptop charger cord, and a backpack that is basically holding a boulder. Everyone likes to be together with all of our stuff to accompany us, but let’s put it all away at the end of the day.

3. It’s due on the 1st, how can you not remember that?

Ah, rent. Living with others can make this payment a painful process. Whether it be financial issues or a forgetful roommate, getting this paid on time is pretty darn important, unless you want additional charges.

2. Oy vey, laundry.

Alright! You’re home from work early and you’re stoked to do some laundry, but wait, what’s that? Your roommate’s ENTIRE wardrobe is soaking wet in the washer. Annoying right? As girls we never know what can and can’t be dried, so it’s not as simple as just throwing it all into the drier and calling it good. Be mindful of the whereabouts of your clothing.

1. When the “live-in bf/gf” has a say

If you aren’t paying rent, don’t tell me that I need to buy more toilet paper. We all understand the roommate that can’t sleep alone, but when this becomes a 7 night a week, 30 day a month occurrence, their significant other’s food takes up more space in the fridge than yours, and you’re late to class because they’re hogging the shower, enough is enough. You know you have your own place, right? Take up residence on your own couch, please.

Written by: Nicolette Barba and Sam Martin[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]