Luke Bryan Charms SLC Fans with Personality-Filled Two-Night Concert

Born and raised in Georgia, Luke Bryan found his love for music at a very young age. He began singing as a child and started playing guitar at 14, with plans to move to Nashville after high school. Just months before Bryan was scheduled to move to Nashville, his brother was killed in a car accident. Bryan ultimately decided to stay in Georgia to be with his family. He attended Georgia Southern University for his freshman year of college, then finally made his big move to Nashville. Bryan came across immediate success, with two chart-topping singles off his first album, “I’ll Stay Me.” Bryan hasn’t slowed down since, releasing one album a year since 2011 and two albums in both 2013 and 2015, all while touring worldwide and promoting his newest projects.

Bryan paid a visit to Salt Lake City fans with a two-night action-packed event. Selling out concerts both Wednesday, Aug. 26, and Thursday, Aug. 27, he set a record for the USANA Amphitheatre. Bryan and his fans said goodbye to summer together as he played songs like, “Rain is a Good Thing,” “Country Girl (Shake it for Me),” and “Roller Coaster.”

Bryan had two opening acts, Randy Houser and Dustin Lynch. Both did a separate performance to open the show but joined Bryan later on stage for a cover of “Sugar” by Maroon 5. People came from all around the state to see this one-of-a-kind artist perform.

For a two-night show, Bryan still managed to play many of his hit songs on Thursday night. Keeping in mind that Bryan is a well-versed artist with many notable songs, he played many audience favorites. The crowd’s energy was astounding as they cheerily sang along throughout the entire show.

Bryan’s set also had a lot of graphics and props. His stage consisted of four large screens, a two-layer stage and a T-shaped extension. The screens showed images, videos and graphics throughout the performance. During the song “Drink a Beer,” Bryan brought out a wooden “dock” to sit on and play his guitar. In the background his screens showed pictures of a serene lake. He added as much as he could to enhance his performance, making sure to sign front row fans’ pictures and shirts. He interacted with the crowd as much as possible, which added more personality to an already rich experience.

What makes a good musician great is their live performance. It validates their talent and success and is something audiences consistently look for at concerts. Bryan sounded so similar to his recorded music that it was hard to even tell the difference between his live and recorded music.

Bryan is funny on stage and interacted with the crowd very well. He made jokes and talked about Utah’s beauty, mentioning going fishing earlier in the day. Another thing that made a mark was how much Bryan showed his gratitude for his fans. He thanked them for purchasing his albums and tickets, making sure his fans were aware that he realizes they spend their money on his talent and how much it truly means to him.

It was impossible not to get lost in the music. Bryan makes his shows so fun with, a distinct emphasis on quality, that no one was ready for it to be over. Keep an eye out and mark your calendars for the next time Bryan comes to town — he is a live performer you don’t want to miss.