Police Report, September 2015

Dead Body Investigation

U Police officers are investigating the dead body of a man found Sept. 11 in the Thatcher Building for Biological and Biophysical Chemistry. Sgt. Garth Smith said due to the ongoing investigation, the department cannot disclose the age of the deceased person or whether foul play was involved.

Juvenile Makes a Stink at Stadium

A young man knocked over several portable restrooms with his car in the Rice Eccles Stadium parking lot. The juvenile told responding officers he was “having a bad day,” said Sgt. Mike Richards. The incident, which happened after 2 a.m. on Sept. 7, resulted in about $3,200 in damage.

Culprit Caught Third Wheeling

In a routine check, officers stopped a bicyclist near the Marriott Honors Community dorms for not having rear illumination and discovered he was carrying a stolen bike tire. The man, who took the rear wheel from a rack near the U Hospital, was booked into Salt Lake County Jail on Sept. 13 on a warrant.

DUI on Upper Campus

An intoxicated female driver hit a light pole near the Orthopaedic Center on Wakara Way. No one was injured in the Sept. 16 accident, and a cost estimate for the damage was unavailable. Richards said the woman’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was .02 percent above the legal limit.

Angry Fan Ejected From Game

An intoxicated man was arrested at the Sept. 11 Utah-Utah State football game for verbally harassing other fans. The male allegedly used “foul and abusive” language, though Richards is not sure exactly what was spoken. The offender’s BAC level is unknown and he was taken to the Salt Lake County Jail.

Hit-and-run at the Library

A driver allegedly hit a male pedestrian in the Marriott Library parking lot early in September. The victim, who is not a student, suffered no injuries in the accident. There is no description of the car involved.

Woman Stuck in Car

U Police discovered an elderly woman trapped in her van near the U Hospital on Mario Capecchi Drive. Richards said the car door wouldn’t open so she called for help from passersby, who called the department. The woman told officers on Sept. 3 that she was in the car because her husband had surgery and she couldn’t find another place to stay. The couple traveled to Utah from Wyoming.

@CourtneyLTanner