Men’s swim: Utes finish in sixth place at Pac-12 Championships

On the fourth and final night of the Pac-12 Championships, the Utah men’s swim team finished sixth overall with 295 points, just behind Arizona State.

In the 1,650-yard freestyle, senior Bence Király took fourth with a time of 14:53.28. Teammates sophomore Jay Bolinger (15.33.51), sophomore Brandon Shreeve (15.55.34) and junior Luis Macias (16.06.57) finished this event as well, placing 14th, 16th and 17th, respectively.

In the next event, Utah had three swimmers compete in the 200-yard backstroke, all placing in the B-finals. Senior Kristian Kron finished 10th with a time of 1:45.16, followed by freshman Cole Avery in 13th (1:47.12) and junior Evan Indahl in 16th (1:49.32).

In the 100-yard freestyle, sophomore Sean Bloore managed to make it into C-finals, finishing 21st with a 44.89 mark.

Sophomore Ganem Tebet (2:01.26) and junior Nolan Rogers (2:01.91) swam the 200-yard breaststroke alongside each other, finishing 23rd and 24th, respectively.

Utah managed to snag three more spots in the 200-yard butterfly, with sophomore Ben Scott placing 11th (1:46.84), senior Dave Fraser placing 21st (1:49.32) and senior Brandon Risley placing 23rd (1:52.94).

In the last event of the meet, the team of Bloore, Király, sophomore Paul Ungur and Fraser finished the 400-yard freestyle relay placing eighth with a 3:00.01.

Up next, the Utah diving team will head to Flagstaff, Arizona to compete at the NCAA Zone E Diving Championships (March 7-9).

@emileewhiteee