Two Creek Coffeehouse, Variety and Good Vibes

Photo credit: Erin West

If you’re looking for a hot cup of coffee around the north side of campus, then Two Creek Coffeehouse is just what you need. It’s easy to find, located on the main floor of the Browning Building near the geology, metallurgy, and meteorology departments. As a convenient plus, Two Creek Coffeehouse will get you in, out and back on the road in no time at all, making it perfect for a quick caffeine fix before class.

This coffeehouse is extremely popular, almost overflowing at times — even in the middle of summer — serving students, professors, grad students, as well as any visitors to the U’s campus. The long lines may look intimidating, but don’t let that sway your decision. Two Creek’s baristas make sure that no one is waiting too long before being helped and served by managing to strike an excellent balance between focus and friendliness.

The coffee shop also offers perks like 25 cents off for bringing your own mug and “two-punch Tuesday,” where customers can receive two punches on their coffee cards between 11 a.m and 1 p.m. The environment is clean and streamlined, with a calming lack of bells and whistles.

While it includes a menu of breakfast sandwiches and pastries, the primary focus here is on drinks. In addition to the full range of coffee, you can also enjoy teas, hot chocolate and plenty of cold beverages. I was lucky enough to get a drip coffee hot right out of the pot, which was delicious if also a slight hazard to my tongue. The coffee itself is rich and full-bodied, with flavors that lean more towards the dark side of the spectrum. The slightly nutty aftertaste makes it a warm, inviting treat, whether for a morning pick-me-up or an afternoon break.

WEST_CREEK-6.jpg
Photo credit: Erin West

A lovely dining area for studying or hanging with friends is only a few steps away from the registers, and the building hosts more comfortable armchairs down the hall on the off chance customers have a moment to sit a little longer before heading to their next destination.

Altogether, the coffee and service at the Two Creek Coffeehouse make it a pleasant break from schooling stress. It’s a great place to pick up a snack or come refill your mug, and the positive vibes make it all the sweeter.

Rating: 4/5