Matt Miller- ASUU Vice President of University Relations

(Model Released), Matt Miller, [email protected], University of Utah students pose for various lifestyle photos and portraits for marketing collateral at various location on the campus of The University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah Wednesday April 20, 2016. (Photo by August Miller)

Matthew Miller was born and raised in the heart of Salt Lake City, Utah. Miller graduated from East high school in 2011. While in high school Matt was the tennis captain and the head editor of the East High yearbook. Since graduation he has returned to East High to coach the high school tennis team and has served as a math and science tutor.

Miller is currently a junior at the U and has been a die-hard Ute fan since attending preschool on campus. His favorite experiences at the U have been the MUSS, Student Alumni Board, Internships with the Hinckley Institute, living in the college dorms and being a part of Sigma Chi.

Miller is a pre-med student majoring in economics with a minor in chemistry. He is currently applying to medical school and hoping to be eligible for enrollment in fall of 2017. Aside from schoolwork he has maintained to stay active on campus. He joined Sigma Chi and became involved in ASUU, serving as a member of Freshman Council and the Government Relations Board. After Matt’s freshman year he left for two years to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Hungary.

Upon returning from his mission he has served as Associated Director of ASUU Finance Board and Community Service Board. He even volunteered with the Unite for Sight in Honduras as a medical assistant. Matt is also involved and enjoys doing research in Biochemistry and Structural Biology with the Sundquist Lab at the U, and doing research on the efficacy of heart valve replacements at Intermountain Medical Center.

@Kelsey_Kenyon