#UUThrowback Homecoming Week Breakdown

It is homecoming season once again and The Alumni Association, ASUU, Campus Recreation and many other partners have plenty of events planned over the next few weeks from Sept. 30 to Oct. 9 with the #UUThrowback Homecoming Week 2016.

Homecoming week kicked off Friday with the 80s themed Homecoming Dance at the Depot (Gateway Mall).

On Tuesday Oct. 4 numerous campus locations such as the houses in Officers Circle and the houses on Greek Row will decorate for the week. Make sure to swing by on your way to class to check out their decor.

An emeritus reunion will be held on Wednesday Oct. 5 with speaker Jason Perry as well as a Flag Football Passing Tournament hosted by the Campus Recreation Services Intramural Division. There is also a corn-hole tournament running at the same time.

Students can also head to Songfest on the Oct. 6 at 6:00 p.m. Here, all of the houses from Greek Row will perform the dance and song numbers they spent weeks preparing. Crimson Rally will follow Songfest out on the Union lawn.

For students who are golfers, check out the Homecoming Golf Scramble at the Bonneville Golf Course on Friday Oct. 7 at 9:00 a.m. Then rest up for the Young Alumni Scholarship 5k the following morning at the Old Law Building, beginning at 8:00 a.m. Proceeds from the race will fund scholarships for U students. Additionally, they will be awarding funds to participating students such as two student scholarships worth $500 that will be chosen at random. While online registration closes Oct. 5, students can show up for same-day registration the morning of.

Finally, the highlight of the week: Utah vs. Arizona. Join the pre-game tailgate party starting at 6:00 p.m. at 550 S Guardsman Way Saturday for kickoff at 8:00 p.m.

Don’t miss the women’s soccer team play on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. at the Ute field. Bring family along for all of the festivities, for parents and family weekend.

Homecoming is a great opportunity for connecting with fellow students, as well as reconnecting with alumni. For a full schedule of homecoming activites, head to the U’s Alumni Association webpage.