Beer, Bounce Houses, and more at the Park Silly Sunday Market

Most Sundays until Sept. 17, a quick trip up I-80, about 30 minutes from the University of Utah, will bring you to the Park Silly Sunday Market. Being elevated from the valley the summer heat is not so daunting as you walk around historic main street filled with booths, food trucks, bounce houses, and a beer garden. Weave through outside vendors, into brick and mortar stores, and back out again. Water is available for free, considering street merchants are not allowed to sell drinks, and Atticus Coffee & Teahouse, 738 Main St., has a free refill iced tea bar. Iced Lollies Utah also keeps you cool and hydrated with $2 popsicles in trendy flavors.

Many of the merchants on Main are passionate about their craft. Owner and operator of Heath’s Blends has spent seven years perfecting one of his spice mixtures and loves to chat while you sample. The market also has fresh fruits and vegetables from local farms, different artisan booths, and much more, really something for everyone.

The market starts on Heber Ave., but has a small pocket on 5th street, and continues all the way down Main past 9th street. Live music and other performances play throughout the day and even dogs are welcome. The market is also wheelchair accessible and has plenty of room for strollers or wagons for the kids. It makes for a great date activity, family/friend outing, or even solo-trip. There is plenty to do and see for every age. Each week has a variety of different vendors as well, so there is always something new to explore.

Come see for yourself any Sunday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. until Sept 17, except Aug. 6 & 13, on Park City’s Historic Main Street. The Park Silly Market website recommends parking at Park City High school and taking the city bus to Main, which is all free. If you want to learn more please visit http://www.parksillysundaymarket.com