In Photos: Best of the Week 2/26-3/3

The photo desk of the Daily Utah Chronicle presents the best photos of the week, taken by our staff of photojournalists.

The U. was fortunate to have received two nationally-recognized politicians to campus in the last week, including Vice President Joe Biden to the Huntsman Cancer Institute and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who gave a speech regarding the current state of the Republican party’s nominee race.

Also featured are photos from a downtown protest about police violence, and the Runnin’ Utes’ momentous victory against the Arizona Wildcats.

Senior guard Brandon Taylor (11) celebrates after making a three-pointer in the final minute of play in a Pac-12 basketball game versus the Arizona Wildcats in the Jon M. Huntsman Center, Saturday, Feb. 27, 2016. (Kiffer Creveling, Daily Utah Chronicle)

Men’s Basketball: Runnin’ Utes outlast No. 9 Arizona in intense Pac-12 battle, 70-64

Senior guard Brandon Taylor (11) celebrates with fans following a Pac-12 basketball game versus the Arizona Wildcats in the Jon M. Huntsman Center, Saturday, Feb. 27, 2016. (Kiffer Creveling, Daily Utah Chronicle)

Adams: Taylor’s Trials Lead Him To Playing The Best Basketball Of His Career

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden (D) participates in a roundtable discussion at the Huntsman Cancer Institute, Friday, Feb. 26, 2016. Vice president Biden visited the hospital to further discuss his initiative to eradicate cancer. (Chris Ayers, Daily Utah Chronicle)

Joe Biden Speaks With Researchers, Experts at Huntsman Cancer Institute

From left, forward Jordan Loveridge, guard Brandon Taylor, and guard Dakarai Tucker pose for a photo in the Huntsman Center, Wednesday, March 2, 2016. The three will play their last home game against Colorado this Saturday. (Chris Ayers, Daily Utah Chronicle)

Adams: Senior Trio Has Undoubtedly Left Their Mark On Utah Program

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney gives a speech on the state of the Republican nomination for president at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Thursday, March, 3, 2016. (Tara Lincoln, Daily Utah Chronicle)

“Donald Trump Is A Phony,” Says Mitt Romney at On-Campus Speech

A woman shouts amidst protest signs at the Utah Against Police Brutality rally and march for Abdi Mohamed in downtown Salt Lake City on Monday, Feb. 29, 2016. (Rishi Deka, Daily Utah Chronicle)