The Pretty Reckless Rock The Depot

Christopher Ayers
American hard rock band The Pretty Reckless performing during their “Who You Selling For” tour at The Depot on Wednesday, November 30, 2016. Chris Ayers Daily Utah Chronicle.

On Wednesday night, The Pretty Reckless’ “Who You Selling For Tour” made its way to The Depot in Salt Lake City, performing in front of an all-ages crowd.

The night opened with the band Them Evils, who played several songs including covers of “Long Way to the Top” by AC/DC and “Ace of Spades” by Motorhead. The second opening band was Holy White Hounds who played a number of original tracks as well as their first single, “Switchblade.”

The Pretty Reckless made their way to the stage amid loud cheers, kicking off their set with “Follow Me Down” and “Since You’re Gone.” They took it back to their first single “Make Me Wanna Die” along with “Light Me Up” from their debut album. The instrumentals throughout the show were great, but especially on “Heaven Knows”; the guitar at the beginning felt like a long Pink Floyd intro.

Front-woman Taylor Momsen said it was good to be back in Salt Lake City, and  jumped into some newer material from the band’s latest album like “Hangman” and “Oh My God.” It was only their second time playing the title track, “Who You Selling For,”  in concert. Other songs they played from the new record included “Prisoner” and “Living in the Storm.”

During “My Medicine” and “Going to Hell” the audience was encouraged to sing the chorus at the top of their lungs with Momsen encouraging for greater volume, yelling “I can’t hear you!”

Momsen’s showmanship was fun to watch throughout the night, dancing on stage and fist pumping to the beat.

Finally The Pretty Reckless played their single “Take Me Down” which was recently named the number one rock song on the Billboard chart. They hopped off stage before returning for an encore playing “F*cked Up World” with a drum solo to wrap up the night.

Set list:

1. Follow Me Down
  2. Since You’re Gone 
  3. Oh My God 
  4. Hangman 
  5. Make We Wanna Die 
  6. My Medicine 
  7. Prisoner 
  8. Sweet Things 
  9. Light Me Up 
  10. Who You Selling For 
  11. Living In The Storm 
  12. Heaven Knows 
  13. Going to Hell 
  14. Take Me Down 

Encore

1. F*cked Up World