Angulo: Chrony, This Is For U

Johnny Morris
Marisa Angulo, investigative writer of the Daily Utah Chronicle, poses for a picture in front of the A. Ray Olpin Student Union in Salt Lake City on March 27, 2024. (Photo by Johnny Morris | The Daily Utah Chronicle)

During my time at the Daily Utah Chronicle, I had the privilege of writing for the Investigative Desk.

During my three years at the Chrony, I have gotten to learn more about an environment that was so new to me: Salt Lake City. Writing has always been a passion of mine, and one I plan to continue. However, working at the Chrony, I learned how much my own writing journey has allowed me to make Salt Lake City my new home.

Joining the investigative desk was a blessing I never knew I needed. My desk has been there and supported me along my journey. The Chrony was not just a newspaper to me, it was a family. I am so glad to have had amazing people in my life that cared about me. No matter how my week was going, I would always walk into a desk meeting with a warm welcome.

I want to thank my desk editors, Abhilasha Khatri and Rachel Kloepfer, for always supporting me and showing me how I can reach my full potential as a writer. I know that the Chrony will continue to see excellence from them and I hope their efforts will never go unnoticed. Thank you to my fellow investigative writers: MJ, Aynaelyssya and Caroline. May all of your voices remain loud and your passion steady.

To all the people on the Investigative Desk, I will miss you dearly and I am so sad to be leaving one of the best desks out there. To all of the graphic designers, photographers and editors that made every single one of my articles shine, I thank you so much for all of your hard work and dedication. Thank you for making me appear more distinguished than what I truly am.

After my three years working for the Chrony, I have been so blessed to have been associated with the dedicated and passionate Daily Utah Chronicle team. Every single person who works at the Chrony does not just have pure talent, but are all deeply intelligent and bring so much to the world. These people have inspired me and made me want to be a better writer and a better person.

I hope every single person at the Chrony who has shaped me to the person I am today will continue to make impacts on the lives of others. Thank you for turning people from my extracurricular activity into my family.

@MarisaAngulo8