Student arrested for assault to leave the U

By Michael McFall

For Faisal Aldawsari, an 18-year-old business student, his time at the U appears to be up before he could graduate8212;or be charged with sexual assault.

Aldawsari, an international student, is leaving the U and returning to his home country, according to the U Police Department. Although Sgt. Arb Nordgran said he couldn’t discuss Aldawsari’s case specifically, he said international students usually come to the U on a contract that they will earn good grades and behave appropriately during their stay. If their grades drop or they misbehave, they’re usually dropped from their transfer program and sent back home, he said.

U Police suspect Aldawsari of breaching that contract last month.

On Oct. 8, plain-clothes officers arrested Aldawsari after he allegedly groped four women within about two hours. According to the U Police, he groped two nurses escorting him out of the Madsen Health Center, where he was being treated for minor injuries.

was then reported grabbing a young woman by the West Institute building and groping a fourth woman near the HPER complex, police said. He was arrested shortly afterward near the Social and Behavioral Science Building.

Each of the four counts of sexual assault is a class A misdemeanor, which can carry a sentence of up to one year in jail.

Aldawsari could not be reached for comment.