SLC Police Lift Restrictions, Believe Robbery Suspect Has Left Area

The Salt Lake City Police Department tracked the suspect of an aggravated robbery to the Eccles Broadcast Center on campus Thursday night, but they no longer believe he is in the area.

Detectives identified the potential suspect as Curtis Crosby, 30, who demanded money from the U.S. Bank on 2243 East 2100 S. near 5:30 p.m. He allegedly had explosives, and the teller complied with his requests. Crosby then fled the scene.

In an email and text alert to U faculty and students, the department described the man as white with brown hair and a fake mustache and beard. Surveillance footage shows him wearing a black shirt, jeans and a hat with a star on it. He is about six feet tall with a slim build.

All restrictions on campus have been lifted, though the hospital will remain under controlled access. Police originally advised those at the U to avoid the area, located on Wasatch Drive by Legacy Bridge, describing the situation as “dynamic.”

Officers will continue their investigation, and those with information can call 801.799.3000.

The Daily Utah Chronicle will update this story when more information becomes available.

@CourtneyLTanner